The Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology (VSSO) was developed to bring together individuals with various backgrounds but similar goals: to more effectively treat veterinary patients with cancer and to advance the understanding of cancer across species. While much of our focus is placed on the surgical aspects of oncology, we incorporate the principles of other treatment modalities such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and interventional oncology, and focus on utilizing evidence-based medicine in our daily practice. Please browse this site to learn more about our society, veterinary surgical oncology and the general treatment of cancer in veterinary patients.
- 2019 American College of Veterinary Surgeons Conference: October 17-19, 2019 (Las Vegas, NV)
- 2020 Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology (VSSO) Conference: May 4-6, 2020 (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada)
- The first Textbook of Veterinary Surgical Oncology edited by Dr. Simon Kudnig and Dr. Bernard Seguin is available and a second addition will be available soon.
- Congratulations to the new President (Bill Culp) and President-Elect (Laura Selmic) of the VSSO.
- Dr. Sarah Boston has released a best-selling book entitled, "Lucky Dog: How Being a Veterinarian Saved My Life". Check it out HERE, and read about Sarah's story HERE.
- The 2018 Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology (VSSO) Meeting was a huge success! Join us in 2020 for our next conference in Niagara-on-the Lake!