The Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology (VSSO) was developed to bring together individuals with various backgrounds but similar goals: to more effectively treat veterinary patients with cancer and to advance the understanding of cancer across species. While much of our focus is placed on the surgical aspects of oncology, we incorporate the principles of other treatment modalities such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and interventional oncology, and focus on utilizing evidence-based medicine in our daily practice. Please browse this site to learn more about our society, veterinary surgical oncology and the general treatment of cancer in veterinary patients.
- European College of Veterinary Surgeons Meeting 2016: July 7-9 in Lisbon, Portugal
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons Meeting 2016: October 6-8 in Seattle, Washington
- 2018 Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology (VSSO) Meeting location to be announced soon! The 2016 conference in Napa was a huge success and all are excited for the next Meeting to be held in another fantastic location!
- The first Textbook of Veterinary Surgical Oncology edited by Dr. Simon Kudnig and Dr. Bernard Seguin is available.
- Congratulations to Dr. Sarah Boston, the last recipient of the prestigious Stephen J. Withrow Award for advancing the art and science of surgical oncology!
- Congratulations to the new President of the VSSO, Dr. Jolle Kirpensteijn.
- Colorado State University recently announced the Stephen J. Withrow Presidential Chair in Oncology.
- Congratulations to Dr. Nicole Ehrhart, who was recently appointed to the Ross M. Wilkins Limb Preservation University Chair in Muscoskeletal Biology.
- Dr. Sarah Boston's has released a best-selling book entitled, "Lucky Dog: How Being a Veterinarian Saved My Life". Check it out HERE, and read about Sarah's story HERE.